Let's Fly Engaged

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Let's Fly Engaged

+4
DarkAngel
LordDh
Necrophagist
Stalker
8 posters

Applying to become a Staff

Stalker
    Stalker
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

My Character
    IGN: Stalker
    Level: 90
    Job: Billposter

Applying to become a Staff Empty Applying to become a Staff

Post by Stalker Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:26 pm

All applications need to be submitted in Applications section. If you submit your application anywhere else, the application will be closed and you will be denied.

If your application is approved, you will be evaluated on your English proficiency with our Interviewers. After the interview, you will be granted a 'On Evaluation'. If you show persistence and are doing the jobs required you will be promoted to the position you applied.

Requirements:

• CB Activity – Yes, it’s a requirement to be active on CB. Why? Simply because it’s a requirement of moderators themselves, and I think it’s good for applicants to get involved as much as possible. You want to try and talk in CB even if you feel its useless talk. It shows other staff members that you are there. Remember you can idle too. If you have not been on our CB, you WILL get DENIED. Chatbox IS A REQUIREMENT PERIOD.
    • Post Count – Post count isn’t the ‘be all and end all’ of your application, however it is taken into consideration. We really can’t judge whether or not you’re worthy of becoming a staff member if you’ve only posted twice. Try and get around 150-200 posts before applying, to boost your chances of being accepted.
    • No warnings – technically, we’ve allowed users to apply regardless of whether or not they’ve been warned in the past. However, it really does decrease your odds of being accepted if you have warnings!
    • Professionalism - The way you present yourself in the community stands out. If you post comments that are unprofessional, it greatly decreases your chances of being approved.
    • Section participation - Obviously if you are applying to be a moderator of a certain section you must be active in it. So make sure you have a good amount of post in the section your applying for.
    • Join Date - We do look at when you joined LFE. So if you joined LFE two weeks ago and still meet the requirements, you might not stand that great of a chance at getting accepted. However, you will still be considered.

Tips:

• Don’t PM us to speed up your acceptance! We’ll get back to you regarding your application; it won’t be ignored. Don’t PM us about how long the process is taking and what your odds are of being accepted, because any/all updates will be in your application thread.
    • Don’t bump your thread. We know you want attention and you wanted to be given the abilities to moderate ASAP, but you’ll just have to be patient. People bumping their threads to gain extra attentions gets to be what we call “annoying” and will be DENIED.
    • Be optimistic. It’s a pet hate when I open up a thread and see “oh wellz I probably wont get the position anyway”.
      Include references. These references should probably be staff, and you should contact them before including them as a reference. It’ll increase your chances of becoming a mod.
    • Post in the right section and in the right format! You’d be surprised how many people post in the wrong format, or in the wrong section – purely because they didn’t read. If you can’t get your application right, then we won’t really consider you at all.
    • Explain things in detail! If you claim that you have moderated a forum before, include the link there so we can see what kind of site you worked on.
    • Use a variety of words to give us the feeling that you are above the rest. Try to use words like "Dedicated", "Motivated", "I strive for...", "I am persistent in doing...", etc....
    • Don't submit a application that looks like it was done in 5 minutes. Take some time on your application. It will benefit you in the long run. The more time you put into your application, the better. How you present your application shows us how serious you are about becoming a moderator.
    • If you have a application written, but are not comfortable with it being submitted, feel free to PM one of the moderators so they can look it over.
    • Before you submit your application, don't forget to include what section you are applying for. It may sound dumb, but there have been instances where a member didn't mention what section they wanted to apply for.
    • Be creative in your application! Below is merely an example of what it should look like. Use this example as a guideline, but include stuff you feel could benefit you in being accepted.
    • After you submit your application, you will be able to read what other staff members have to say. Please do not reply back to your application. If you have to reply back to what was said, then you didn't follow the instructions or you did not meet the requirements. If you include the needed information along with the detail, then there serves no real need to reply to your application.
    • When applying for a section, be sure that you know if the section has a moderator. If you apply for a section that already has a moderator, you may not get accepted simply because that section does not need another moderator.
    • Keep in mind that your previous posts will be looked at. So if you posted a comment that is unprofessional or immature, consider yourself not being accepted. Remember, we are looking for a applicant that stands out and sets the example in a professional and mature matter.
    • Punctuation - Believe it or not, but punctuation matters. Try to use the proper punctuation when it comes to certain things. Like capitalize the first letter of a sentence. Add a period at the end of a sentence. Use apostrophes in the right sense. Hyphenate words that need to be. Using the proper punctuation along with proper grammar will only show your maturity along with your professionalism. It really makes your application stand out if done properly.

Application Example
    Applying for:
    E-mail Address: Include a email address we can reach you at
    AOL: You must have at least one out of four mediums for contact
    MSN:
    Yahoo:
    POSITIVE ATTRIBUTES:

• The person can write something good about themselves, such as...
    • A creative and motivated leader with several years of experience in game hacking and forum administration.
    • Strong communicative skills. etc.

QUALIFICATIONS:

• (Members can list their certificates, degrees, or mastery in a certain area, like for example...)
    • Certified in Microsoft Visual Studio
    • 6 years experience with Visual Basic and .NET
    • 4 years experience with Visual C
    • Released and it was very successful.
    • Experience in using ...
    • Motivated when it comes to tasks at hand.
    • Never leave any work unfinished.

Qualifications can be set up in categories like Programming, Forum Leadership etc.

FORUM / WORK EXPERIENCE:

• (Here you list your online work experiences or work experiences in general (i.e. message boards you've moderated on or administered. Include the links so we can check the site out))
    • Owner and creator of ...
    • Was a moderator of for 'x' years.

REFERENCE(S):
    • Did someone referred you:
    • Who:

Good luck!
    Written by Stalker
    Necrophagist
    Necrophagist

My Character
    IGN: Wreat
    Level: Pro
    Job: Jester

Applying to become a Staff Empty Re: Applying to become a Staff

Post by Necrophagist Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:00 pm

ooh 2 bad i'm only good with working on 3d fps games (maping,texture,scripts, crap, more crap, etc)....

Last edited by Necrophagist on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Stalker
    Stalker
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

My Character

Post by Stalker Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:49 pm

No it's not, please use Firefox, IE does not support this.
    LordDh
    LordDh

Post by LordDh Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Maybe..Im actually looking for some artist..Necro,I'll talk with you later ^^
    Stalker
    Stalker
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

My Character

Post by Stalker Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Necro, you can still apply for that which is basically undergoes the category "Graphic Designer".

Fill the form and submit it at the Application Submission.
    Necrophagist
    Necrophagist

My Character
    IGN: Wreat
    Level: Pro
    Job: Jester

Post by Necrophagist Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Before any of that I'd havta know what kind of stuff I'd be doing cause whats the point of applying for something that I might not be that good at D:
    Stalker
    Stalker
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

My Character

Post by Stalker Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:17 pm

DarkAngel, please post your application at the right place please.

The correct section is the "Application Submission", which is below Announcements.

Also, please re-read the forum rules.
    DarkAngel
    DarkAngel

My Character
    IGN: DarkAngel
    Level: 66
    Job: Elementor

Post by DarkAngel Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:51 am

I May of Not seen where to Post Properly , And I all ways use this Colour on every Forum i go on , Why would it be only reserved for Staff since it isnt Doing ANY harm , and Its a Tk board/
    Stalker
    Stalker
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

My Character

Post by Stalker Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:09 am

It is not a TK board, if you do not wish to follow the rules, then you will get the consequences.
    DarkAngel
    DarkAngel

My Character

Post by DarkAngel Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Firstly Stalker , I Never said I did NOT want to follow the rules So do not speak for me , Secondly even Though it is NOT my place to Question your Rules , But that one is Stupid and Idiotic , It is a Stupid Rule witch does Absolutely No harm to Any single Person.
    Stalker
    Stalker
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

My Character

Post by Stalker Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:16 pm

If that is your opinion I have nothing against it, you did break the rule by re-posting in RED where the rules were stated that you cannot use it.
    DarkAngel
    DarkAngel

My Character

Post by DarkAngel Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:30 pm

It is my ''Opinion'' , And I Appolgise for not seeing the topic for where to Correctly Post my Application , Dark.
    Stalker
    Stalker
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

My Character

Post by Stalker Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:28 pm

Bolded lettering is reserved for Staff only.

Since you decided to ignore that rule, I have no choice but to give you another warning.
    LordDh
    LordDh

Post by LordDh Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:47 am

Relax,if Bolded latters is saved only for Staff than as the Site/Forum operator you should've limit it by yourself,take off the warnings its not necessary this time cause you both are wrong.
    War Hero
    War Hero

Post by War Hero Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:41 am

Arguing is Quite Pointless and will Solve Nothing, Simply Follow the Rules..
    Ezkaflowne
    Ezkaflowne

My Character
    IGN: Waffles
    Level: 121
    Job: Blade

Post by Ezkaflowne Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:12 pm

Agreed
    sanka69
    sanka69

My Character
    IGN: GGanjAA
    Level: 110

Post by sanka69 Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:43 am

Applying for:GM more likely i wana do events Very Happy
    E-mail Address: thom_alexe|hotmail.com
    AOL: i have msn ventrilo skype
    MSN:thom_alexe@hotmail.com
    Yahoo:
    POSITIVE ATTRIBUTES:

* i cant do anything for improving server i got idea's
    * i'm a nice guy i can do much good XD
    * i dont abuse my powers
    * i play flyff sins 2004 and i've bin gm for 9 servers that went broke so .. XD i have expierience

QUALIFICATIONS:

* Motivated when it comes to tasks at hand.
    * Never leave any work unfinished.

Qualifications can be set up in categories like Programming, Forum Leadership etc.

FORUM / WORK EXPERIENCE:

* (Here you list your online work experiences or work experiences in general (i.e. message boards you've moderated on or administered. Include the links so we can check the site out))
    * i helpt making a server whit crunx a formal player when we played flyforfame but i went down for no reason becouse i didn't keep in touch
    * motsly everythig i done is hosting events i always have new idea's and not keep doing tha same thing each day

REFERENCE(S):

* not that i know off i just wana give it a try ^^
    * Who:
    Sunshine
    Sunshine
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

My Character
    IGN: Sunshine
    Level: 76

Post by Sunshine Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:58 pm

sanka; wrong thread to post, please make your own.

i'd do something but no forum powers WTF x__x (hint hint)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content